Fourth of July Significance and Celebration:
On the 4th of July in 1776 the Second Continental Congress announced Independence after the official separation of the 13 original colonies from Great Britain during the Revolutionary War. It was declared a federal holiday in the United States.
In the early years after the declaration, this became a political agenda and day that gives importance to politics, so there were rallies, parades and processions held, but they came to a stop after some years. But now, from the later 19th and 20th centuries, citizens realized the importance of Independence and the struggles of people behind it and started celebrating it in their own way, with freeness, at their homes or outside with music and loads of food.
Fourth Of July Wishes and Messages:
• Enjoy the crackers in the sky, feel the joy in the music and smell the Independence in the delicacies. Happy 4th Of July to you and your family!
• Let's remember the struggles behind the Independence on this day. Let's not make his day ours but about the strugglers and this open-air that we can breathe today. Happy 4th of July!
• Wishing you and your family a very Happy 4th of July!
• Love your mother country today and make the most of the day. Happy 4th of July!
• Let's get out of our houses, do some good, and make the citizens happy a little bit. Happy 4th of July!
Patriotic and Best Fourth of July Quotes:
• “You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4th, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.” – Erma Bombeck
• “Independence Day: freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
• “It will be celebrated with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other.” – John Adams
Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.” – John Dickinson
• “I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.” – Wendell L. Wilkie
• “We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls. – Robert J. McCracken
• “The United States is the only country with a known birthday.” – James G. Blaine“America is a tune. It must be sung together.” – Gerald Stanley Lee
• “I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” – Abraham Lincoln
• “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” – Benjamin Franklin
• “My favorite thing about the United States? Lots of Americans, one America.” – Val Saintsburt
• “America means opportunity, freedom, power.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
• “Give me liberty or give me death!” – Patrick Henry
• “Ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy
• “We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid, because freedom is priceless.” – Lech Walesa